Policy of the journal
The journal is peer-reviewed,
- All research papers submitted to the journal are subject to mandatory review.
- Authors submit papers prepared in accordance with the "Rules for paper preparation". Upon receipt of a paper from an author, executive secretary of the editorial board determines a compliance of a paper with the scope of the journal and directs it to a scientific editor of a corresponding direction of the journal, which identifies reviewers.
- Reviewing of papers is carried out by highly qualified scientists and specialists in the relevant scientific fields from al-Farabi Kazakh National University, other universities in Kazakhstan and foreign countries. The review is conducted confidentially. An author of a paper cannot be its opponent.
- A duration of the review is determined by the scientific editor in each particular case to ensure the most rapid publication of a paper.
- The final decision on paper publication is made by the editorial board and recorded in the editorial board meeting minutes.
- In case of a positive decision, the scientific editor of the journal determines a sequence of publications depending on topics of journal issues.
- If a reviewer suggests corrections, a paper could be sent to an author for revision. After the corrections are completed, the paper is sent to the reviewer again. If the reviewer makes a negative decision on the corrections, the paper is not accepted for publication.
- The editorial staff of the journal informs an author about review results by email; rejected papers are not discussed with authors. In conflict situations, a decision is made by the editor-in-chief.
- The originals of reviews are kept in editors office for 3 years from the date of paper publication. The executive secretary of the journal’s editorial board is responsible for keeping the reviews.
- Materials sent to the editorial staff are not returned.
- The editorial board does not assume obligations on publication dates.
- Authors are not charged for publication, authors are not paid for publication.